Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:55:10 +0200

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> >I just checked and there is an updated version. I'll try to put it
> in.
>
> I even downloaded ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.13.tar.gz
> and found that the version from darwin IS newer since it contains the
> following extra lines:

I don't want to be picky, but it can't be 'newer' than the autoconf HEAD
version ! It's only modified by Apple based on a who-knows-which
autoconf version. To easen porting of GNU tools Apple will need to
submit it's autoconf patches to the autoconf project. They may or may
not do that, ask on the Darwin list.

IMHO it sufficiently easy to copy the Apple config.guess/config.sub
files on Darwin platforms over the GNU ones (but this could be noted in
the GNUstep installation manual). I'll do this all the time when
compiling on Darwin.

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises