Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:55:45 +0200

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> >Also note "Depending on what you want to do", you didn't say anything
> >about what you want to accomplish. There is no single installation
> >procedure, there are several ones and each has it's own pros and
> cons.
>
> I just want to have a functionable GNUstep enviroment where I can try
> if Mac OS X Cocoa Binaries will run.

I hope I misunderstand you ;-)

You expect that if you combine Darwin and GNUstep you will be able to
run MacOSX *binaries* ??? Of course this is basically impossible for
various reasons.
GNUstep provides *source code* compatibility at best.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises