Re: Trouble building GNUstep CVS

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Trouble building GNUstep CVS
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:36:14 -0400

<<Ah - that might be the problem - I don't think RedHat 7.1 ships with an
official release of gcc, but rather with their own broken variant, which I
think they call 2.96.  You need to install a real (official and working)
gcc, either gcc 2.95.x or gcc 3.0.x, otherwise it won't work.  After
installing a working compiler, make distclean everywhere, reconfigure, and
rebuild.>>

I had assumed, somewhat optomistically, that Red Hat had fixed that problem
between 7.0 and 7.1.  I was wrong.

At any rate, I tried using 3.0.1 and I'm still having the same problem.
Don't know what to do.