Re: Interface Proposal: GUI design

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: Interface Proposal: GUI design
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:04:00 -0800

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:44:45 -0600
"Mondragon, Ian" <ian.mondragon@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> that's a good idea, especially since (a) two people have proposed it, and
> (b) that's follows the whole philosophy i'm trying to stick to with
> Interface (doh!).

The problem would be that you most certainly will run into inconsistencies
with GNUstep's general look (menus especially) - especially when/if there
is gonna be something like a theme-able GNUstep. Essentially, you will
have a similar situation as in/under GNOME - unless of course GNUstep
and Interface (or whichever WM you're using) get their look from the same
source.

Question is, why not have it NeXT'ish and when/if GNUstep becomes
theme-able implement that 'feature' ?

Again, I'm talking consistency here, not whether or not to use/implement
themes.

--
Chris