Re: Building in a separate build directory

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Building in a separate build directory
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:56:54 +0100

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 10:41 AM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

Hi,

Instead of 'gmake clean' use 'gmake distclean'. This will do exactly what you want it to do. ;-)

Yes, but I will also have to go into each subdirectory (project directory) of the tree and call "make distclean", won't I_ Or can I issue "make distclean" when in directory ./Development and the object files of in project directories get wiped out?

You can if you have an aggregate makefile in the ./Development directory.

eg. for four projects, proj1 to proj4 you would have a GNUmakefile as follows -

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

SUBPROJECTS = proj1 proj2 proj3 proj4

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make