Re: Problems with latest back and base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problems with latest back and base
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:49:22 +0000

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 09:36  am, Andreas Heppel wrote:

Another observation I made is that when I downgrade to the former versions of base/gui/back (1.5.0, 0.8.2) GNUstep won't read my user defaults anymore and I get lots of error messages. Luckily I had a backup of the file, but the questions remains whether there are changes in the file's format or whether something went utterly wrong somewhere.

The latest unstable release of base contains a new user defaults format. New code can read the old format but old code can't read the new stuff.