Re: ProjectCenter?

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:14:42 +0100

Am Montag, 25.11.02, um 04:55 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Jason Clouse:
Hi, Phil! Yes, Project Center is the clone of Project Builder. While it still isn't quite on par with the IDE from Apple (in particular, there's
no debugger yet),

Ahem, the debugger is an important thing: Apart from using it from the command line, what is common? Not all the debuggers out there understand Objective-C. One I know, that does, is DDD. But DDD crashed a lot, when I last used it. What else could be used?

I use ProjectBuilderWO.app on MacOSX to edit the files. The editor is great and the beast automatically creates the Makefiles (for Cocoa though).

I thought of that too. But ProjectBuilderWO under MOSX is more and more crippled. Debugging doesn't work any more and now the ClassBrowser has also problems. I don't foresee a long future for it any more.

I wrote a tool that converts the Cocoa Makefiles to GNUstep Makefiles.

Couldn't you just remote compile? I thought ProjectBuilderWO has such a feature?

And do people work in WindowMaker? Are there any advantages using it?

Re
Phil