Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:56:43 +0000

> Secondly, I want to play around with my Solid-State-Disk which has got
> support only with the 5.0 series (AFAIK)...

A good reason :-) let me know how it goes, I want to run it myself at home.

> Many of the 4.x??
> I guess there have been only two (4.3 and 4.7) isn't it??

Are you sure you arent getting BSD 4.3 confused with FreeBSD 4.3 ? All
FreeBSD system are 4.4BSD - but there have been 4.0, 41, 4.2 etc  releases
of FreeBSD (plys 3.X and 2.X before that). All of which are 4.4BSD based.

> How do I do that?

./configure --with-tiff-library=/usr/loca/llib/ (from memory)

You need to have the tiff library installed in /usr/local of course.

> Please check out the docs on the GNUStep website, I saw some notes about
> how to get it compiled with GCC3.x on FreeBSD 4.x

You mean "For gcc 3.0.4, make WANT_THREADS_SUPPORT=YES" - I have that
in my gcc build anyway. It doesnt make a difference on my system either way.
I did have it working with gcc3.0 for a long time, but a recent chnage to
GNUstep stopped thatw orking so I went back to 2.95.4

-bat.