Re: Menu (Was: Re: Unimplemented AppKit classes)

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Menu (Was: Re: Unimplemented AppKit classes)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:42:08 +0000

> The relationships of the objects ARE important, which is why NeXT went through

Err, thats what we are saying - its the relationshgip that matter, not the
actual poixle X-Y coordinates of the corners.

> And this brings up another point...Why do we need to waste time writing
> ANOTHER
> editor?

Because we dont have one which edits these files ? Thts usually a good reason
to write an editor.

> visual correctness in UI layout. I will continue to use Gorm for my UI needs,
> will NOT use Renaissance.

You do realise that Renaissnce does everything the .gorm files do dont you ? It
just gives extra bits to those of us who need it (and I depsrately need it)
You may not be trying to maintain an application across multiple platforms
consistently - which is fine, but then I am, and this does the job
a whole lot better. You can lay ourt files per-pixel and save them
into Renaissance files, I can lay them out portably and save them into
files. Its a win for both of us. The current situation makes trying to maintain
an app across three platforms a nightmare - to the extent that until
Renaissance came out I had rather given up because there were easier
ways of making a living.

> -Thom [also has a VT100]

:-) ugly arent they ?

-bat.