Re: better back-art support in core (Was: Re: Problem gettingback-art be

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: better back-art support in core (Was: Re: Problem gettingback-art better back-art support in core (Was: Re: Problem getting back-art
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:46:21 -0600

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Hi,

-art seems to be most complete and working backed, but it is treated as 'optional and not supported, so make it work it yourself'. It is unfair :)

To prevent font dificulties, would it be possible to include fonts in some core-* package? I would suggest to include them (at least basic font set) in core-gui or create (as i have proposed few monts ago) another gnustep-core package called core-resources or something like that for all -gui resources. Another option is to create separate -font backends for font handling. This can be useful for general font management, including management of screen and printer fonts, font substitution/matching, inlining non-standard fonts in .ps/.pdf output... With this -font backends one can use both X and freetype fonts for example, or Windows and free type fonts at the same time.

Definitely. I'd like to see back-art be easily installable so it can become the default backend.