Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.2 & GWRemote 0.1
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:32:39 +0200

> but I've used
> DO because I like to learn new things, when I write something ;-)  In this
> case I've learned to use threads... For example: The first GWSd instance,
> created in main(), initializes some global variables and then creates a
> named NSConnection. Each remote host uses this connection to log in. At
> this point, a new thread is detached and a new GWSd instance created. This
> new instance creates a new not named connection that substitutes the named
> one. This object is immediately released because it is retained on the
> other size, by GWRemote. So, when the client exits or logs out, the GWSd
> object is released and its thread exits. Nothing exceptional, but I've
> learned something new...

which is equally important. me, i also write something, which is ... erhm ...
suboptimal, just to learn something new. (this is how i learned
LibFoundation, implemented a simple login screen (with freebsd's syscon). i
never released this one, because i was afraid of security concerns ;)).

> > > (suggestions are wellcome).
> >
> > what about kerberos.
> This seems a good idea. I'll try to implement this in 0.2.

speak up, if you need help.
i wrote a (very) small authentication with krbv4 once,
and i am pretty sure, i got some urls left ;)

btw: if you want to go kerberos ;), take kerberos 5, it is way ahead of
kerberos 4.

~ibotty