Re: of applications for gnustep...

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: of applications for gnustep...
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:50:26 +0300

On 2003-06-12 15:53:28 +0300 Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
We could need a light-weigth browser, with a nice interface.

I think the best thing for that would be to:

* Get the GCC team to finally include support for Obj-C++. Does it even plan to? I mean, Apple's already done the work, the GCC team just needs to review the patches.

* Use the independent Gecko renderer that the Mozilla team is supposed to release soon.

By using Mozilla's renderer, a GS browser can already be expected to have a relatively high level of quality from the start. But I'm not sure if the Obj-C++ thing will ever become a reality.

Christopher Culver