Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Alexander Perez
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:42:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, MJ Ray wrote:

> Alexander Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> > On 16 Jun 2003, Stefan B=F6hringer wrote:
> > I second the need for context menus and the design idea as well
> >> I second the need for context menus.
> >> I second your design idea.
>
> discuss-gnustep is turning into an AOL stream?  If someone wants a

Just because you happen to not like the fact that we agree with someone
(and don't feel the need to explain why because they already did so for
me) does not give you the right to act like a a two year old and whine
about how *some* people actually agree every once in a while.

And while we're on the subject of whining about 'not justifying' your
position, all I have seen you do is describe context-sensitive menus by
using the derisive term 'mystery meat' without giving a clear explanation
of *WHY* you don't think it's a good idea. ("Because" is not sufficient)

My opinion with regard to context sensitive menus is that they *CAN* be
way overused but, when used properly, can save you a lot of time. Overuse
of context sensitive menus is the fault of the DEVELOPER. Just because
gnustep apps *CAN* have four billion Toolbar buttons doesn't mean they
will, because the design philosophy WRT GNUstep is different.

> poll, please use a web site.  Please let's post ideas and discussion
> (eg *why* you think mystery meat navigation is good) to discuss-gnustep.

Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu