Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:17:16 -0000

Philippe C.D Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 01:10 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
>> The inspector panel is probably already open for the sort of user who
>> would want the services list and your mind can start the move to a
>> visible panel faster than it can a move to an invisible menu item.
> You don't move to a contextual menu, you just enable it. Otherwise you
> can use what exists already, the services submenu. You can even detach
> it to remain visible all the time, so I don't see the point for
> introducing a special inspector for that.

I didn't write anything about moving *to* a contextual menu. Would you
like to reply to what I did write? Why do you think it is faster to
start the move to something invisible than something visible?

Yes, menus can be detached anyway, so why is there all this talk about
special contextual menus? They add nothing but interface confusion.
GNUstep does not need that.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."