Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:16:07 -0000

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
> the object you point at will get selected by right/control clicking at it.
> everything else is silly.

Tell that to some of the other context menu advocates.  One point posted
in favour of context menus has been that you could operate on one object
while not disturbing your selection, I think.

>>A non-simple application is an application with a bad interface.  Context
> how about app with 200+ menu entries? with submenus of submenus of
> submenus?

Submenus of submenus of the app menu is as deep as the current UIG allows.
If you feel that you want more depth, you need to refactor.

> what about Maya? Maya has not only extensive use of context menus, it also

I do not know Maya.  What is Maya?  I see many applications with that name.

[...]
> You really *can't* compare the Gimp with Photoshop. It must be a long time
> you used Photoshop.

It has been, as I said.  Its unfixable silliness annoyed me too much.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."