Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:47:15 -0000

Eric Christopherson <rakko@charter.net> wrote:
> A menu which is located 0 pixels away from the cursor is still closer than a
> menu which is located n pixels away, where n is any nonzero integer. I
> thought that was the reason transient menus were included in the first
> place.

I think it's more likely Apple-compatibility, but only core can tell us
for sure.  A menu item which is visible n pixels away is faster to get
to than a menu item which is not visible p pixels away, even if p is much
smaller (but it is likely that p is not zero, as you have to move to pick
from a context menu).

[...]
>> As do I, but, as the saying goes: "In God We Trust -- all others must
>> bring data."  [...]
> I've never heard the saying, nor do I understand its meaning. How is it
> relevant?

If context menu advocates want to change minds, they should bring data.
I should dig up some references too, but it'll be after I return from
BLUE.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."