Re: porting to GNUstep from OSX

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: porting to GNUstep from OSX
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:55:51 +0200

Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:14:37 -0600
David Bishop <tech@bishop.dhs.org> wrote:
[...]
My first problem, with both projects, is that they use some header
files that simply don't exist for me: runtime.h and objc-class.h, both
in the objc subdirectory.  They use the methods class_getClassMethod

#define class_getClassMethod(aClass, aSelector)  \
 ( class_get_class_method((aClass), (aSelector)) )

Got ya! :-)

I recently removed exactly that define from objc-gnu2next.h because the mapping doesn't hold. GNU ObjC runtime's class_get_class_method expects a meta class where Apple's class_getClassMethod expects a class. You could map it to:
#define class_getClassMethod (aClass, aSelector) \
   ( class_get_class_method ((aClass->isa), (aSelector)) )
but the reverse couldn't be mapped,

Cheers,
David