Re: porting to GNUstep from OSX

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: porting to GNUstep from OSX
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:09:41 +0100 (BST)

> Maybe just some #ifndef's, combined with -D's in the GNUMakefile would
> be enough? (I.e., #ifndef GNUSTEP #include <objc/runtime.h> #endif)

gnustep-make automatically adds -DGNUSTEP on the command line when
compiling for GNUstep.

So what I do, and what I guess most people are doing, is

#ifndef GNUSTEP
 /* Apple specific code */
#else
 /* GNUstep specific code */
#endif

You don't need any autoconf or scripting, this should always work: if you
compile GNUstep code using GNUstep, GNUstep is going to be defined; if you
compile for Apple (using GNUstep or PBX), GNUstep is not going to be
defined.