Re: Where Is 'GSConfig.h'?

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Where Is 'GSConfig.h'?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:31:46 +0200

Philip Mötteli wrote:

Hi

I try to build Gnustep-Base on MOSX 10.2.6. I try to use the ProjectBuilder file available in the directory 'macosx'. After having adapted a lot of (search)paths, it still complains:

This directory was contributed by a while back. But it doesn't seem to be actively maintained.

/Local/Developer/Source/Frameworks/gnustep/core/base/Headers/ Foundation/Foundation.h:30:22: GSConfig.h: No such file or directory

I made a

% find /Local/Developer/Source/Frameworks/gnustep -name GSConfig.h -print

It can't find that file. It doesn't seem to exist.
I made a './configure', but configure says:

I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.

Well, as you suspected, 'GSConfig.h' is supposed to get generated by './configure' from 'Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h.in'. But this may depend on a successfully installed gnustep-make package and a sourceing '/usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.[c]sh'

Maybe someone using -base with the macosx extensions can give you more pointers on how build it with ProjectBuilder. Otherwise you could try manually creating the file from the template. It's supposed to live in '/Source/GSConfig.h' after configure (unless you configure with advanced options, but as you're using ProjectBuilder, it won't apply.)

It would be interesting to know if you can get -base to work with the Apple ObjC Runtime. Last time someone tried they ran into trouble as the libffi/ffcall hooks of the GNU ObjC Runtime are not available, but required for NSInvocation magic. You might have to find a way to disable DO. When using the standard -make / -base building machinery. You can './configure' with '--disable-do', but I have no idea how this may fit into ProjectBuilder build scheme.

Good luck,
David Ayers