PDFImageRep: Loading fonts at runtime

From: stefan
Subject: PDFImageRep: Loading fonts at runtime
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:04:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

As some of you may know i'am currently working on an PDFImageRep that
displays PDF documents without the hassle of using ghostscript for
rendering. One of my (numerous :-)) problems are embedded fonts that
are needed to display the document correct. One possibility is to
install thousands of fonts so that the embedded fonts are not needed
- this is obviously a very bad solution. I can extract an embedded
font as Type1 into a file. The question is if it is possible to
load such a font at runtime, especially with backart on which my
development is foucsed.

thanks
Stefan Kleine Stegemann