Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: 26 Nov 2003 22:00:20 GMT

Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> > They seemed unresponsive when I was using Gentoo, so I changed distribution.
> > I think helping the Debian GNUstep packages would have a larger effect.
> The problem with this is that any official GNUstep packages which are
> distributed by debian MUST be installed in /usr/lib per their
> specification. They do not allow exceptions to be made.

I agree, apart from "The problem with this is that". Why exactly is putting
GNUstep under a different root a problem?

If we can get good GNUstep work into Debian, it can open the door to
all the distributions based on it. I just wish I had more time to do it.
If anyone wants their Debian GNUstep packages sponsored, email me.