Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:37:32 +0100

Hello,

> Correct. People may look at GNUMail, GWorkspace and Gorm and think "oh,
> pretty, I want that" but to install *another* "X11 toolkit" is almost
> not worth it, as they very likely already have GTK (GNOME) and/or QT
> (KDE) installed.

> So why bother? Just for less than a handful of apps? Hardly.

I think, Apple demonstrated what to do:

- make it look nice
- write some decent apps

In my opinion, one of the most important things to attract more people
to Gnustep would be to port Webcore to Gnustep and write a decent
browser like Safari.

It really does not make much sense to install Gnustep and only use
KDE/Gnome apps.

Take care,
Michael