Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> C

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:00:50 +0100

Le 12 janv. 04, à 22:23, Alex Perez a écrit :

"bloat" is perhaps a little strong. It's true the design is not
perfect...
… I'm currently writing the NSToolbar implementation for GNUstep from
the existing skeleton class and there are two major changes to NSWindow
to have it working :
- setToolbar: method
- toolbarView support must be added to window root view _wv (reason :
broacast the window events)

Have you been in contact with Greg Casamento?

No, but I will contact him : I have taken a look on Savannah and I have seen his name associated with the task.

If not, you need to contact
him ASAP. He has also been working on an NSToolbar implementation, and I
really hate to see unnecessary duplication of efforts.

right. … I have started to work on NSToolbar, because I have seen no activity on it since mai 2002 when the class was added to GNUstep.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr