Re: where to get apple gcc improvements?

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: where to get apple gcc improvements?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:24:07 -0700

On 15 May 2004, at 3.17, S.J.Chun wrote:

Does apple compiler & runtime runs on linux/windows ? And Can I use them with GNUstep ?

I'll let genuine GNUSteppers answer the second question (I do believe they made some headway), but the answer to the first question is no. :-( You'll need to use the GNU runtime on non-Darwin plaforms.

As for the title of this message, in addition to objc-improvements-branch (which is my baby) there is a more general apple-ppc-branch, containing more Apple tweaks and extensions to the gcc 3.5 compiler.

--Zem

  objc-improvements-branch
This branch was originally used to merge Objective-C bug fixes and
  enhancements from Apple Computer into the FSF tree; this has now been
  completed. Presently, the purpose of the branch is to implement the
  Objective-C++ language in the FSF GCC source tree. The message thread
starting here(follow the link above for the real link) describes this at
  more length. This branch is being maintained by Zem Laski
  <zlaski@apple.com>.