Re: GNUstep & The Window Manager Problem

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: GNUstep & The Window Manager Problem
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 03:10:37 +0100

On 2004-05-24 22:55:21 +0100 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Folks,

Correct anything I say in here which is parently untrue, please. InterfaceWM development has been nonexistant for the last five months, and I honestly don't think that Ian Mondragon is planning on continuing to work on this project. He might intend to, but obviously Real Life(tm) is getting in the way.

Meanwhile, WindowMaker has had almost zero foreward movement

I have plans[*] for WindowMaker, which start with a patch. However that patch will not be applied until I finish my degree, in four weeks. After that the patch will occur. Even if WindowMaker is then left in my own hands, I will host/support it; I love the look+feel and don't want it to go. It may become a less-than-official GNUstep WM but I don't give a monkey's; GNUstep is wrong unless it's in WindowMaker.

So there ya go :-). Fixes to WMaker will definitely be accepted by July, even if I have to take the project over myself. I'm more than happy to do so.

Graham.

[*]I also have plans for GNUstep on Darwin/x86; but they *start* with the port of WMaker :-)
--
Graham Lee
Wadham College