Re: State of gnustep under panther?

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: State of gnustep under panther?
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:40:57 -0400

IME compiling it under Darwin 7 for x86, freetype2 wouldn't build
which I *think* precluded the use of one or other of the backends; art
IIRC but I haven't tried this under Darwin in a few months.  Under
Panther, you should just be able to get the freetype2 package from
Fink but this is still something to look out for.  I intend to spend
at least bits of the Summer battling with Darwin/x86 again - it's
preferable to tanning ;)

Hi

I'v follwed the README.darwin and it worked very well

I used GCC 3.3.2 and pyobjc 1.1 for libffi
gcc-3.4.0 supports neither libobjc or libffi for Darwin

I still have not built everything though
I don't know much about x86 myself but GNU-Darwin does have a
working freetype package for Darwin x86

yves