Re: Gorm and .gorm files

From: Serg Stoyan
Subject: Re: Gorm and .gorm files
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:03:55 +0300

Hello Nicolas,

> Le 12 juin 04, Ю 01:28, Charles Kerr a Иcrit :
>

> > Ok, so I tried to update the cvs, and reinstall ProjectCenter and
> > Gorm, just to see if I still had the issue with the .gorm files.
> > ProjectCenter went from version 0.3.5 to 0.4, so definitely an ugrade.
> >  And Gorm stayed at 0.7.7.
> >
> > Ok, so the first thing I wanted to check,is if a Gorm project created
> > under ProjectCenter still couldn't read the gorm file created.
> > However, a Gorm application isn't listed anymore in the project types!

This is correct. Create project with Application type. As Nicolas said it
is merge of Application and GormApplication types. Nothing related to your
problem. I've got the same problem after updating Gorm from CVS, with old
GNUstep core (make, base, gui, back). Try update upate everything.

> Just create an Application using ProjectCenter 0.4, it _is_ a
> Gorm-based GUI Application.
> I'll even guess that RenaissanceApplication is for building a
> Renaissance-based GUI Application.

I even thought about removing RenaissanceApplication project type and add
interface template files into Application project type... I still can't
make a decision how handle *main.m and AppConroler.m templates. It is
different for RenaissanceApplication and Application. The most likely is
put both templates files as, for example, Renaissance_main.m and
Application_main.m. What do you think?

> Btw, thanks to Serg Stoyan for having committed this new version of PC
> on the cvs, it works great (from my first tests, much better than the
> previous 0.3.5 anyway)

Thanks, Nicolas. I plan to post separate e-mail to the list about
ProjectCenter development status...

--
Serg Stoyan