[Q] apps-wrappers - dot in extension?

From: Jonathan Shipley
Subject: [Q] apps-wrappers - dot in extension?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:06:47 +0100

I am hoping someone on this list can help me out.

I am currently sprucing up my ~/GNUStep/Applications directory with the
aim of submitting them for inclusion into the default list of
apps-wrappers with GWorkspace.

My problem lies in writing a wrapper for xdvi.  Xdvi as you know can
automatically uncompress .dvi.gz and .dvi.Z files.  As this is useful
functionality I would like to know if it is possible to get it working
seamlessly with GWorkspace.

Here's a snippet:

  NSTypes = (
    {
      NSUnixExtensions = ( "dvi", "dvi.gz", "dvi.Z" );
      NSIcon = "FileIcon_.dvi.tiff";
    }

Apparently this doesn't work, as GWorkspace (correctly) recognises the
extension as being a .gz file and expects the user to open the file with
gnochive instead of xdvi which what I would like.

A solution to this may be useful for other compressed file types as
well.

--
Jonathan