Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:25:18 +0200

In article <witness-75DB66.19511929102004@news.t-online.com>,
 Uli Kusterer <witness@t-online.de> wrote:

> Okay,
>
>  new problem: Somehow it seems my ObjC is broken:
>
> When I configure gnustep-back, I get:
>

> checking whether objc really works... no
> (...)
> <<
>
> I have libgcc_s, but there's no libobjc in /usr/local/lib at all (only

More info. I've tried building a new GCC, with a fresh copy of the GCC
folder, and now I'm getting this error:

*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libobjc target-libf2c target-libffi target-boehm-gc
target-zlib target-libjava zlib fastjar
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

<<

So apparently for some reason objc refuses to build. But why?

-- Uli