Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:51:19 +0200

Okay,

 new problem: Somehow it seems my ObjC is broken:

When I configure gnustep-back, I get:

checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and
libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
configure: error: The Objective-C compiler doesn't work or is not
installed properly.
<<

I have libgcc_s, but there's no libobjc in /usr/local/lib at all (only
Apple's in /usr/lib). Shouldn't GCC include that when I install the
whole shebang? I tried going into the libobjc directory and installing
it explicitly, but configuring libobjc always gets me:

checking for gthread cflags... configure: error: not found
<<

 How do I get GCC to build me a working ObjC lib?

-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de