Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:22:34 +0200

Am 30.10.2004 um 14:12 schrieb Uli Kusterer:

In article <mailman.6137.1099137406.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

Well, but in this case, I will need to reset it each time I relaunch
my Terminal application which is a bit boring because I'm compiling
GNUstep stuff everyday.

As GNUstep-make maintains all resources regarding how to build a
GNUstep app, it should remember which compiler to use as well.
Especially if it's a non-default compiler ($CC was set at configure
time).

Markus,

do you mean "should" as in "it will if nothing goes wrong" or as in "it would be cool if this was added so GNUstep-make does this in the future"?

For the former, others know it probably better. The later only if ther former gets a "no", of course. :-)

 I.e. if I don't set $CC, will GS-Make still use the custom compiler?

This is how I would expect it as a quasi-newbie.

Me myself used only parts of GNUstep for now, like GDL2. For these, I always set up a Xcode project which isn't much work (and doesn't require gnu-runtime).

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/