Re: Donations

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Donations
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:57:25 +0100

Le 30 janv. 05, à 11:52, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf a écrit :

Am Sonntag, 30.01.05 um 04:18 Uhr schrieb Adam Fedor:

This should be plenty to pay for the first round of icons we've commissioned.

What will be the proceedings? I hope that we hold a contest where those donations are the price money. This way we can "kill two flies with one stroke" as a german proverb goes. First we get many solutions to choose from (by poll or whatever), second we get a portion extra attention when we advertise the contest on slashdot or whatever.

I'm not sure you are talking of a contest for the GNUstep icons, but if it is case it is unrealistic in my opinion, because such icons set involves a lot of work and no icon designers will subscribe to it if he is not sure to get paid. I'm saying that because it took me lot of time to find an icon designer who accepts to work for us even with his work remunerated… Really good icon designers have no problems to find more remunerated projects than they could manage, and moreover for icon designers the current look of GNUstep doesn't look really exciting in my opinion, this point could explain the difficulty I encountered to find one who accepts to work for us.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr