Re: GWorkspace odd behaviour

From: Robin Rawson-Tetley
Subject: Re: GWorkspace odd behaviour
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:25:40 +0000

> In a shell type make_services and then start GWorkspace. If this helps the
> make_services command needs to be put into one of the startup scripts.
> make_services registers the apps in {Local,System}/Applications with the
> GNUstep servers, AFAIK. Don't ask me with which one, though :-)

Awesome! This was the "magic bullet" I was looking for - after running
make_services, everything works perfectly and as expected (including
desktop.app)

Maybe I ought to drop a line to the Debian maintainer about this?

Thanks!

Rob

P.S. GNUstep is nothing short of amazing - every app I write from now on
will be targetting GNUstep.

Robin Rawson-Tetley

Animal Shelter Manager (http://sheltermanager.sourceforge.net)
SwingWT                (http://swingwt.sourceforge.net)