libxml2 on windows?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: libxml2 on windows?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:14:32 +0000

Does anyone know of a windows libxml2 binary which works for gnustep-base in the mingw32 environment?

I tried the latest from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/index.htm
and from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32

I've modified the base library configure script and GSXML.m so that in both cases I managed to get libxml2 built in to the base library, but I encountered a runtime error complaining that an entry point (different for the two packages) in the libxml2 dll could not be found.

Perhaps this is a problem with the libxml2 binaries, or perhaps it's an issue with how the gnustep make package works with dlls.

Anyway, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it ... I'd like to get the README.MinGW documentation updated to a point where it can tell you how to build a fully functional gnustep-base (ie with xml and ssl support).