Re: GNUstep and Tiger

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Tiger
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:45:06 -0700

On 2006-01-31 10:43:39 -0700 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

On 26 Jan 2006, at 20:32, Ken McKee wrote:

Hello all,

I've read the most recent messages regarding Mac OS X Tiger and
GNUstep. It's not apparent to me what my chances are of successfully
building and running GNUstep on Tiger. I'm going to give it a try.
Please, if anyone can give me some tips, I would be grateful. In
particular, which compiler should I be using? Version 3 or 4? Apple's
or gnu's ?

My memory is probably too bad to help much ... but I'm using gcc-4.0.1 ... the gnu version.

I've also compiled it with the stock Apple Tiger cc. The only change is you have to compile and install the GNUstep (or FSF gcc) libobjc library (gnustep-objc) and rename/link it to libobjc-gnu.dylib. With this non-gui programs run fine, but gui programs crash in the libobjc library. I haven't had time to figure out why yet.