Re: libxml2.dll

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: libxml2.dll
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:53:38 +0100 (CET)

--- Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> schrieb:

[...]
> I'm not great on details of handling libraries in windows ... so I
> suggest you just follow a route known to work.
>
> If you get the README.MinGW from the latest gnustep-make package, it
> tells you exactly which version of libxml to use, where to get it,
> and how to modify it so that it exports all the symbols the base
> library needs.

Hello again,

I followed the instructions in the README file. Now I get the following
error when trying to compile libxml2-2.6.23:

configure:5829: result: /lib/cpp
configure:5853: /lib/cpp  conftest.cc
./configure: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
configure:5859: $? = 127

and

configure:5928: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

So I tried

export CPP=/mingw/bin/cpp
export CXXPP=/mingw/bin/cpp

Now I get

configure:3427: /mingw/bin/cpp  conftest.c
conftest.c:11:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:3433: $? = 1

and

configure:5928: error: C++ preprocessor "/mingw/bin/cpp" fails sanity
check

Can anyone help me out here?

Marko

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |