Re: libxml2.dll

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: Re: libxml2.dll
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:47:00 -0500

> configure:5829: result: /lib/cpp
> configure:5853: /lib/cpp  conftest.cc
> ./configure: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
> configure:5859: $? = 127

Not to insult you or start a flamewar. But why do people have to insist
on doing something they can't manage to do by themselves. GNUstep on
Windows is still clearly alpha software, so I doubt it'd be of any
utility for you anyway.

If you can't pass through the autotools related problems, maybe it's
because your installation of mingw is buggy or whatever but then, please
take the time to learn to fix this by yourself and maybe completing the
documentation afterward. But stop asking questions about how to compile
alpha programs.

I managed to have gnustep working on win32, but I did follow the
documentation and I did have to tweak my installation. But I was also
very conservative on the version of MingW I have installed etc. If your
cpp isn't working an you can't figure out why, then stop wasting your
time.

Wolfgang