Re: Making Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 22:37:28 -0400

On 10/6/06, Adam Fedor <fedor@qwest.net> wrote:
My intention for
making a distribution was something like:

./InstallGNUstep --install-root=/tmp/gnustep-core

 I'll give that a try, since it seems a lot easier than what I'm doing!  I kind of got confused with --install-root in the script, it looked like it foudn itself into some --prefix= options in the ./configure scripts, which is not what I wanted.  Following some of the script, I got --install-root=/whatever, /whatever was then set to gs_install_prefix.  Then, when building ffcall it sets --prefix=$gs_install_prefix$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT, which is where I got confused about it's use.  Either way, I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

Nicola, thanks for the tip.  If I can't get --install-root to work I'll give that a try instead.

Stefan