Re: Making Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:14:29 -0400

OK!  I guess I can e-mail you the package if I can't get it up on a server, it's only 8.4MB!  I'll try to make a SlackBuild file for it and ship it with the package.  Pretty much, it's just a small variation of Nicola's instructions.  The biggest issue is getting -base to link against ffcall, which is not on a standard location.  The package still needs more work in order to be good, right now it just gets the job done, very messy I might add.  What I'm thinking about doing is re-installing Slackware and starting from scratch again, just to cover points I messed up the first time.

At this point I also have very ugly packages for GWorkspace (w/o PDFKit), PhotoClip and Camaelon (svn20061008).  They do the job on my system, and I just wanted to be able to install and uninstall whenever I wanted.

Stefan