Re: Making Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:30:45 -0400

Alright, the package is done and works exactly how I wanted it to!  I called it gnustep-core and gave it the same version as -startup, 0.16.0.  Just one little thing I don't like is that the user needs to source GNUstep.sh himself, which isn't obvious and might cause some issues!  If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

I also don't have anywhere to serve it from so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this package right now!  Ideas are welcome.

Some work still needs to be put into it, like documentation!  I don't have LaTeX installed so I could build anything under the Documentation directories.  I'll have to look into it later!

The package installs everything on /usr/GNUstep, but puts symlinks on / for System and Local.  It includes a rc.gnustep script and appends rc.M to run it.  I also included an xinitrc.gnustep which checks for WindowMaker and GWorkspace.  If WindowMaker doesn't exist it stops and whine... if GWorkspace doesn't exist it gives control to WindowMaker and doesn't run GWorkspace.

Stefan