Re: DBKit Equivalent?

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: DBKit Equivalent?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:42:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Jason Lincoln <jlincoln@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just got done watching a video of Steve Jobs
> demoing Next 3.0 and
> it included Steve writing an application to connect
> to a Sybase
> database using the DBKit.  Here is the link to the
> video if anyone is
> interested in viewing it.
> http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/
> 2006/04/5879/
>
> Anyway, I would like to know if there is an
> equivalent to DBKit in
> the GNUstep stack.  I realize that GDL2 is there but
> it seems to me
> that GDL2 is for Web oriented applications where as
> DBKit was for fat
> client applications which is what I am looking for.

GDL2 isn't web oriented at all, it just does database
stuff, it can be used to do web stuff when used in
conjunction with GSWeb and this is probably the most
prominent use of it.

GDL2 contains an implementation of EOInterface albeit
incomplete, which in conjunction with DBModeler and
the GDL2Palette for gorm can be used to create gui
applications