Re: DBKit Equivalent?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: DBKit Equivalent?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:53:09 +0100

On Jan 7, 2007, at 23:25, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
On 07.01.2007, at 21:13, David Wetzel wrote:
Anyway, I would like to know if there is an equivalent to DBKit in
the GNUstep stack.

Actually, the DBKit was IIRC before the EOF1 and then they made EOF2 at almost the same time they
released WO 4(?).
You can create tools and AppKit GUI apps with EOF. GDL2 tries to be compatible with EOF2.

EOF 2 was released in 1996 if I remember correctly, which was a much enhanced EOF 1, based on the FoundationKit. WO 2 was released at that time. WO 4 was based on EOF 3, no? Anyway, EOF 2+ is perfect to build powerful (enterprise) desktop applications - seen that, done that ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_Objects_Framework

Greets,
  Helge
--