Re: GNUstep live CD (Was: FOSDEM: GNUstep booth demos )

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep live CD (Was: FOSDEM: GNUstep booth demos )
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:42:07 +0100

Am 29.01.2007 um 21:22 schrieb Nicolas Roard:

On 1/28/07, Stefan Bidigaray <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/28/07, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Having a live CD is great, it shows that GNUstep is actually working. > But handing out a live CD with problems may give a very bad picture for > GNUstep. Perhaps we could do a beta for the live CD, comment on it and
> try to have a final version ready for FOSDEM?

I think that would be a good idea! I haven't tried the latest version of the distro, but if it has as many critical problems as you say I don't think it would be prudent to distribute it saying "Hey, look what we can do".

yes :)

I don't know who's the maintainer of the live CD, but I've been meaning to post this for a while now... If you need any help building it let me know. I have some (emphasis on "some") experience with building packages, creating live CDs, etc and would be glad to help out... and in the process learn some
more.

The GNUSTEP live cd was made by gurkan. It would be great to move
things forward...
I'm not sure what are his plans ?

Gurkan seems to check http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/ GNUstep_Live_CD where we discuss bugs of the current live CD

I made some updates to that page.