Re: Migration to Objective-C 2.0

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Migration to Objective-C 2.0
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:56:31 -0800 (PST)

All,

Now that this has been posted publically, and, apparently, by accident, I feel
it necessary to explain a bit.

Yes, the idea of a Steering Committee was discussed, I was only considering it.
 There is no hard decision as of yet.   My plan was to bring this up on the
gnustep-dev list as soon as I had some hard and fast ideas about it.

With respect to my "unhappiness" it was basically not unhappiness, but
frustration.   I very much want GNUstep to be a shining success.   I feel as
though I'm meeting resistance, not so much with the core devs, but with some
users who want a tightly integrated GNUstep solution.   I'm trying to get the
overall attitude on the project to change a little from a NIH (not invented
here) one to a "let's see what we can re-use and integrate" attitude.   Re-use
of code and dependencies are not a bad thing, so long as it is done wisely.

Thanks, GJC
--
Gregory Casamento