Re: GNUstep for Engineers

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: GNUstep for Engineers
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:54:29 -0400

On 3/11/07, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Sounds like a great idea to me. I had the FEA technique explained some
20 years ago and did not fully get it at that time, so I wont be of any
use here,  but if you have any programming problems I am willing to help
out on that.

I think my biggest issue will be actually using GNUstep's and ObjC's tools to write this.  I can write the beam and spring elements code in less than a week since it's what my program implemented, but I'll probably need to get a refresher course on surfaces (there's some cheap books on amazon that I can get).  At this point I still need to decide what I need for each element, how to divide the library, etc.

Thanks for the support though, I really appreciate it!

Stefan