Re: LLVM

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: LLVM
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:14:17 -0800

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:20 AM, David Chisnall <csdavec@swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2008, at 13:39, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>
>  > Sent from my iPhone
>
>  Didn't you say on the GCC list that you'd stopped using OS X?

Maybe but that is not relevant to this conversation really.  Also it
might be due to I don't have time to maintain libobjc, spu and still
get my day work done.

>  Last time I posted libobjc patches to this list, you didn't reply.  I
> currently use a fairly modified version of the GNU runtime for Étoilé
> and have given up trying to get patches pushed upstream.

To this list.  Yes and libobjc patches don't go to this list  They
goto gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org.  Maybe that is why I did not replay to
them.

So I don't see what you expect from me, to read this list for libobjc
patches when they don't belong.  And from the sound of it, you did not
know where upstream was anyways.

>The GUN runtime was broken on FreeBSD for months last year because the
> threading code (30% of the entire codebase) is horrendous and relied
> on behaviour of the GNU linker.

No, it relies on ELF behavior (weak symbols are elf not GNU linker
issues).  Seriously it now sounds like you don't understand any of the
code at all or any of the OS.  This now makes wonder if your patches
were right in the first place.

-- Pinski