Re: newbie questions

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: newbie questions
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:08:49 -0500

The application you're looking for is SystemPreferences not Preferences (confusing, I know).  SystemPreferences will have all the same options as Preferences plus a few extra ones, so it can replace Preferences (which as far as I know, is no longer being developed).  If you can't find a package for it, it's available from the gnustep.org website.

You can also type "defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSSuppressAppIcon YES" on the terminal, will give you the same results without the GUI.

Stefan

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Richard Danter <radanter@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 13:40 -0600, Germán Arias wrote:
> El mié, 22-04-2009 a las 19:59 +0100, Richard Danter escribió:
> > but also there is an icon that
> > floats about on the desktop.
> >

> To remove this icon, in System Preferences on "Defaults" select
> GSSuppressAppIcon and set this on YES.

I am not sure how to do this. I have run Preferences.app but I do not
see any reference to this option and clicking on Add for either the
Domain or Defaults drop-down just pops up a message telling me it is not
implemented.

Rich

--
http://radanter.deviantart.com/