Re: ANN: GNUstep Objective-C Runtime 1.2

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Objective-C Runtime 1.2
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:04:06 +0100

Am 21.02.2011 um 14:56 schrieb David Chisnall:

> In preparation for the next GNUstep release, I've pushed a bug-fix release of
> libobjc2.  This includes numerous small bug fixes and has been tested with
> the -base and -gui test suites.
>
> David
>
> GNUstep Objective-C Runtime 1.2
> ===============================

Hi David,
thanks for your great work!

I just wonder if the version numbers aren't confusing. At least
for me.

Since it is libobjc2, I would expect some 2.x version numbers.

And there is libobjc (1). I am not sure if it has(had) version numbers
or was just part of gcc.

I.e. the major version number to denote API changes and the
minor numbers to denote bug fixes and minor enhancements.

Like libjpeg6, libjpeg7.

Just some thought about this topic. Other opinions?

BR,
NIkolaus