Re: ANN: GNUstep Objective-C Runtime 1.2

From: Thomas Davie
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Objective-C Runtime 1.2
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:10:06 +0000

Hi List,

I was just trying out the new GNUstep runtime, and wanted to check I'd
configured things right.  I've got clang 2.9 (svn) installed, along with
gnustep-make and libobjc2 as described below.  With that all ready, I tried to
configure gnustep-base and amongst the output I got:

checking the Objective-C runtime... GNU
checking for custom shared objc library... /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries

The custom shared objc library seems to be pointing to where I've just
installed libobjc2, but the report of the GNU runtime seems surprising – is
this a bug in the configure script, or have I set something up wrongly here?

Thanks

Tom Davie