Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:15:13 -0400

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> writes:

> WindowMaker is not dead, it works very well even on the most modern
> Linux and BSD distributions without a hiccup. Be it Debian, Gentoo,
> SuSE or FreeBSD or NetBSD in their latest versions: WindowMaker works
> smoothly.

Agreed. Even though I have both GNOME and KDE installed (and use some of
their apps)- I still use WindowMaker. It is by far my favourite window
manager.

> WindowMaker is currently the most apt windowmanager to give you a
> complete NeXT-like experience, it is very light and works fine.

It can also be surprisingly modern looking once you theme it. It is also
lightening fast and gives you complete control over the windows.

Charles

--
"I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs...It was very silly."